All About Daily Fort Worth News

Bathtub Refinishing Fort Worth: Alternative to Bathtub Replacement

Jan 16

Are you considering refinishing your bathtub? You could be in for a lot more work than you thought. About 98 percent of a bathtub refinishing job is prepped prior to the tub being painted. The other 2 percent uses a quality bathtub refinishing coating and the method of the bathtub refinishing Fort Worth professional. It is crucial to know the expectations you can expect from your bathtub refinishing task. This blog will provide answers to all your questions regarding preparing your bathtub to be refinished, including how to prepare it, what you can expect during the project, and the time it typically takes. Additionally, the blog will tell you how long the refinished surface will last. Hop on over and learn all you need to know about!

 How do you prepare your tub for refinishing?

 A bathtub resurfacing project can be an excellent way to refresh your tub and alter the appearance of your bathroom. Before you begin take the time to clean and prep the space. This means cleaning the bathtub's walls and corners and taking off any old caulk. If you're planning to reglaze your bathtub for the first time in a while, make use of an appropriate, mild cleaner. To get rid of any remaining caulk then you should employ a silicone digester. Finally, turn on the bathroom fan or open a window to make sure the space is well-ventilated. And last but not the least, be sure that you refinish your bathtub properly by following the directions provided.


 What are the things to expect during tub refinishing?

 Refinishing a bathtub can be an affordable way to make your bathroom appear more contemporary. Refinishing requires priming, sanding, and painting. If you have any questions or require assistance then a bathtub refurbishing Fort Worth professional may be able to help. In order to smoothen the tub the first step of the process of refinishing involves taking off the previous finish. Cracks, holes, chips, or rust spots will be repaired prior to the finish being applied. You could apply one or more coats of paint to make your bathtub appear gorgeous and shiny.


 What is the average time it takes to complete this procedure?

 When it comes to bathtub refinishing there are some aspects you should know in order to determine a reasonable estimation. The scope of the project as well as the condition of the tub will decide how long it will take and what the total timeframe will be. The larger makeovers can take several days depending on the scope of the project and whether the house is empty or occupied. A typical bathtub can take anywhere between 3 to 6 hours, contingent on whether it needs repairs or stripping before spraying. In the majority of cases, a single-item resurfacing project can be completed in just one day. Discuss with your contractor the scope of your specific project so that you know the exact cost you'll be paying for!


 What's the lifespan of the surface that I have refinished?

 Remodeling your bathtub is a cost-effective way to upgrade your bathroom. Remodeling your bathtub will transform your bathroom into a brand new one again. The new look is expected to last for up to 10 years if you take proper care of it. Be aware that abrasive cleaners and chemicals could cause damage to the refinishing therefore make sure to keep your bathroom spotless and dry. Perma-Glaze of Texas offers a 10-year limited warranty. We also offer tips and guidelines to ensure that the surface you refinished lasts. If you have any concerns about the process of refinishing or would like to receive a no-cost estimate, do not hesitate to contact us. We are experts in bathtub refurbishing in Fort Worth. We're here to help take care of your bathtub and ensure that it will look great for years to be!



 Refinishing a bathtub can be an ideal way to transform your bathroom to have new look. By following the guidelines in this article will guarantee a professional job that lasts. Be sure to get your bathtub ready by thoroughly cleaning it and removing any old finishes. Our experts renovate your bathtub, and you'll be amazed with the transformation!

Perma-Glaze of Texas

250 W Lancaster Ave Unit 1331Fort Worth, TX 76102