Garth Brooks’ drive-in show tops week’s 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor’s note: A lot has happened this week so here is your chance to be caught up with. Read on for the week’s most popular headlines.
1. 2 Fort Worth drive-ins among the lucky few to host the Garth Brooks concert. Country superstar Garth Brooks is back on the road without ever leaving home. On Saturday June 27th, it will broadcast a special concert in drive-in theaters in the US and Canada, including Coyote Drive-In in Fort Worth and Brazos Drive-In in Granbury.
2. The new restaurant in the basement brings good food in sight for Fort Worth. A promising restaurant opened in Keller this week: Horizon 76, a casual but upscale American grill serving steaks, burgers, sandwiches, cocktails and craft beer. It opened on June 18, 1821 on S. Main St. in a room that was once a TGIFridays.
3. The Big Boyz BBQ restaurant opens in Fort Worth with an unexpected signature. A grill restaurant opens on the east side of Fort Worth with all of your favorite smoked meats, but also something you don’t normally find in a grill place: smoked chicken salad. It’s called Big Boyz Pit Smoked BBQ and more, and it opens on June 20th at 6513 Brentwood Stair Rd. once occupied by Wilson’s BBQ.
4. Cool retro bowling alley concept Pins Fort Worth for new location. There’s a new venue in Fort Worth on the Boffo news for bowling fans. The concept, known as the Bowlounge, was launched in Dallas and will open its second location in Fort Worth’s Southside in Fall 2020.
5. Crunchy cheesy birria tacos are the trend for hot foodies in Dallas-Fort Worth. One day no one in Dallas-Fort Worth had heard of Birria Tacos. The next day they all do it in town. Crunchy, cheesy, and meaty, that special note of taco has become a taste of the moment in a variety of restaurants across DFW.