LEGO garden sculptures tower over week’s hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor’s note: A lot has happened this week so here is your chance to be caught up with. Read on for the week’s most popular headlines.
1. Huge new LEGO sculptures are blooming in the Fort Worth Botanic Garden. Now in full bloom at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden: hydrangeas, hollyhocks and giant sculptures made entirely of LEGOS. For the first time, the city’s premier garden is showing the Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects Made with LEGO Bricks exhibit, which debuted May 6th and runs through August 1st.
2. New, chef-run restaurant and all-suite hotel debut in the Fort Worth Waterside Complex. Two exciting new doors opened on Tuesday, May 4th in Fort Worth’s waterside development – a long-awaited restaurant from a popular local chef and an all-suite hotel near the Trinity Trails. First up was The Rim, the second location of Chef Keith Hicks’ popular burleson restaurant. The all-suite Residence Inn Fort Worth Southwest by Marriott was also opened.
3. Fort Worth plays in the new Courtside Kitchen Restaurant. A new restaurant is coming to Fort Worth with a seemingly new must-have accessory: pickleball. It’s called the Courtside Kitchen and will be a huge indoor and outdoor area on 1615 Rogers Road near University Drive and I-30. It will be Fort Worth’s first dedicated pickleball facility. It will open in summer 2021.
4. Wicked opens in North Texas as the first Broadway tour in the US after a pandemic. Broadway has announced that it will officially reopen in September 2021, but Dallas-Fort Worth audiences will find their musical solution even sooner. When Wicked opens at the Music Hall in Fair Park on August 3, 2021, it will not only signal the return of the Dallas Summer Musicals, but it will also be the country’s first Broadway touring show to open.
5. Best Ways to Celebrate and Pamper Mother on Mother’s Day in Dallas-Fort Worth. Mother’s Day is getting closer and after more than a year, many mothers and grandmothers say that the best gift they could get is spending time with their families. We’ve got some fun “mom-dates” round up to pamper mom on her special day out in town, but give her what she wants most – time with you.